Major Duties of Position
Perform a variety of duties including design, install, and repair computer-based integrated electronic CCTV and DVR systems which includes CCTV, Fiber Optics, Local Area Network, and DVR Servers/PC’s systems. Experience and knowledge of configuring routers, servers, and Wireless back haul is a plus.
You will work directly with our sales and service team to provide presale design and quotes to post sale final completion and customer acceptance. After customer acceptance the duties include repair and service maintenance of the CCTV system.
Position Key Competencies
- Must be able to work in a team environment with co-workers.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills with both customers, vendors, and co-employees
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good work ethics
- Promote and maintain an ongoing employee safety plan.
Education and Job Qualifications
Email resume to:
- Associate Science degree in Electronics and/or Computer Science
- 2 or more years of CCTV experience in both Analog and IP CCTV Systems
- Certificates in CompTIA A+ and Network+
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN – MAUI/KAUAI
Pacific Wireless Communications is looking to hire a full-time Field Service Technician for either our Kauai, HI or Maui, HI location.
Email resume to:
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, service & repair of Motorola P25 two way radio systems and various electronic equipment.
• Field repair of Motorola P25 two way radio systems
• Major tasks include troubleshooting customer communications equipment and systems (including LMR systems and Microwave Systems
• Key skills and abilities include basic knowledge of electronic circuits found in communications equipment; problem solving skills to troubleshoot equipment critical to a large system where down time is very costly; ability to deal with customer technical and manufacturer field personnel
• Experience as two way radio technician
• Ability to work independent of supervision
• Basic understanding of electronic theory and radio design
• Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Autonomous individual that is motivated, a team player and dedicated to training lower level engineers and or technicians
• Ability to perform on call duties after hours and on weekends.
Education and Skills:
• Electronic Technical school training (Associates Science degree in Electronics Technology is a plus)
• Electronic/IT theory knowledge required
• FCC license and or Certified Electronic Technician certification
We are an EEOC employer. Wages for this position are dependent on experience and qualifications.
WIRELESS ELECTRONIC FIELD TECHNICIAN – FULL TIME
Position & Company Summary
Pacific Wireless Communications is expanding its state-wide field services team. We presently have Wireless Electronic Field Technician positions open on Oahu.
Our wireless field technicians are given online and instructor led training in the servicing and repairing of our customers equipment. This is followed up with on the job training.
Our company has an excellent reputation in providing field repair services to our many Public Safety and Commercial customers. The equipment we install and service includes Point to Point Wireless Broadband and IP Networks.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electronic and electrical circuits
- Knowledge of IP and Router technology
- Ability to work with co-employees and to communicate successfully with customers
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to travel to neighbor islands when necessary
- Potential leadership skills to elevate to group leader is a plus
- Assist in the installation and servicing of Wireless Point to Point systems
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and network outages
Experience and Education:
- High School degree plus technical school training in electronics and information technology or military equivalent.
- FCC GROL license or ETA Certified Electronic Technician Certification is required within 3 months of employment.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ is a major plus
EEO/AAP Email resume to:
TOWER TECHNICIAN / INSTALLER
Level: Experienced Tower Technician/Steel or Iron Worker Experience
Compensation: Competitive market based salary proportionate with experience and certifications.
Job Description Summary:
Pacific Wireless Communications is looking for experienced applicants to install 4G LTE equipment on cellular towers, rooftops and other elevated structures in Hawaii and surrounding areas. Perform other installation, inspection and maintenance activities as directed. Follow safety rules and utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times. Possess basic hand tools for type of work being performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Climbing towers in excess of 300 feet and ladders at various heights
- Construction, erection and maintenance of various tower types
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Ability to follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment
- Frequent overtime is required
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to climb and to work at heights
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Ability to work outside in all elements; including but not limited to snow, rain, wind and extreme temperatures.
- Ability to perform a variety of labor intensive tasks
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform the same task repeatedly
- Ability to bend, twist and contort body for extended periods of time to perform specific tasks
- Must be in good health in order to climb
- Clear driving record, background, and drug screen
- Possess a valid driver's license -- To be insurable to drive company vehicles
- Commercial Drivers will be required to sign previous employer affidavit to release any drug screen or safety violation information
- Possess or be able to obtain valid Climber Certification Card
- Currently have or willing to obtain an OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training Card, First Aid, and CPR
Skill Requirements Personal Characteristics:
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to arrive at work on time and be prepared for the day
- Reliable - Responsible
- Desires long-term employment
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School/GED
- Basic Computer Skills
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan
- Paid sick and vacation
- Medical and Dental Insurance
EEO/AAP Email resume to:
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, service & repair of wireless communications, CCTV, network and various electronic equipment.
- General 2 way radio technician
- Major tasks include troubleshooting customer communications equipment and systems (including LMR systems, Microwave Systems, Wireless Networks, Wireless Point to Point, Wireless Point to Multi-Point, Physical Security
- Key skills and abilities include basic knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment; problem solving skills to troubleshoot equipment critical to a large system where down time is very costly; ability to deal with customer technical and manufacturer field personnel
- Technical design and troubleshooting expertise in wireless telecommunications
- Excellent report writing abilities
- Ability to work independent of supervision
- Ability to transform conceptual technical ideas into words and diagrams
- Basic understanding of electronic theory and radio design
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Autonomous individual that is motivated, a team player and dedicated to training lower level engineers and or technicians
- In field support of service orders and or projects are also essential
- Ability to deploy and perform work in the field as a part of a team or as a technical team lead
Education and Skills
- Technical school training or similar background
- Electrical/IT theory knowledge required
- FCC license, CET, A+ or Network+ certification highly desired
Email resume to: