SYSTEMS / MICROWAVE TECHNICIAN
Summary of Duties:
The Systems/Microwave Technician can perform a variety of tasks to repair, maintain, modify, install, train, and consult on communications equipment and systems in a PWC service center or at a customer site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and Coordinating Activities
- Assist in the coordination of the activities of a group of technical personnel in the installation, checkout, or modification of systems or microwave equipment
- Determine or recommend inventory levels, part or material substitutions, acquisition of new equipment, etc.
- Setup Activities
- Interpret flow diagrams, schematics, blueprints, product specifications, etc., to insure proper machine or equipment setup.
- Equipment Application Activities
- Use powered hand tools such as drills, saws, air tools, spot welding equipment, etc.
- Work with fixed gauges or other simple test equipment or visual aids (e.g., “go/no-go” lights, templates, etc.).
- Work with adjustable measuring or test equipment (e.g., oscilloscope, curve tracer, etc.).
- Operate keyboard equipment (e.g. typewriter, data entry equipment, computer terminal, etc.).
- Operate or monitor electronic computing equipment, using a console to activate peripheral equipment (e.g., printer, disc drive, etc.) for a variety of applications.
- Use diagnostic computer programs to aid in identifying malfunctions in equipment, products, or processes.
- Test Activities
- Functionally test electrical properties of components, subassemblies or product using schematics, written and verbal instruction, etc.
- Perform comprehensive analytical testing of electrical, mechanical, or computer-based systems.
- Perform environmental tests on electronic equipment or components (e.g. testing center frequencies, bandwidths, shock, vibration, altitude, temperature, humidity, etc.).
- Perform “on-the-air” tests of communications equipment in accordance with FCC regulations (e.g. frequency, power, output, etc.).
- Troubleshooting and Repair Activities
- Perform initial or preventive maintenance and adjustments on assembly, process or test equipment to insure proper operation.
- Identify, diagnose, and repair malfunctions in automated electronic systems (e.g. computerized or other logic-controlled systems, electromechanical equipment, etc.).
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain communication systems, microwave systems, equipment, parts, and accessories at customer locations or PWC service centers.
- Fabrication and Modification Activities
- Make modifications to electronic circuitry involving changes recommended by the manufacturer, engineering personnel or the customer.
- Assemble and install communication systems, equipment, parts, and accessories at Morotola service centers or customer locations.
- Artwork and Design Activities
- Produce detail drawings, diagrams, or schematics or subassemblies, assemblies, circuitry, or systems working within established guidelines and standards (e.g. sketches, models, layouts, specifications, verbal instructions, etc.).
- Prepare block diagrams showing the general electronic or electrical relationships between groups, units, or functions within a system, equipment, or unit.
- Design circuits (e.g. control circuits, test instrumentation circuits, etc.).
- Methods Improvement Activities
- Keep current on new equipment, processes or products in areas of responsibility through reading technical publications and related literature.
- Written Documentation Activities
- Prepare routine reports or simple memos (e.g. equipment histories, material usage, inventory reports, project statistics, time utilization, etc.).
- Post or log data (e.g. test information, recording time, work status, equipment utilization etc.) onto appropriate records, graphs, forms, computer code sheets, etc.
- Apply elementary geometry, general science formulas and/or electrical, mechanical or chemical principles.
- Conduct physical inventory of test equipment, supplies, etc.
- Decide on and gather data necessary for analyzing malfunctions and determining recommended course of action.
- Communication Activities
- Meet with other employees, supervisors, technicians, engineers, quality control, etc. to discuss operations, equipment malfunctions, schedules, or other problems.
- Explain technical information to non-technical people (production employees, customers, suppliers, buyers, etc.) regarding equipment operation, company products, basic principles, theories, etc.
- Provide technical expertise and act as liaison with other technical personnel and engineering/drafting departments (e.g. coordinating work schedules, establishing standards or techniques etc.).
- Handle confidential information as part of the job (e.g. pricing information, design information, personnel data, etc.).
- Guidance/Work Direction Activities
- Provide direction to others by explaining manufacturing operations, product specifications, work procedures, policy guidelines, unit organization, etc.
- Safe Work Procedures
- Pay attention to the safety conditions at each step involved in performing the job (e.g. mixing or using caustic solutions; working with machine cutting, boring, or shaping equipment: handling high voltage equipment/wiring, etc.).
- Visual Activities
- Assemble, inspect, or repair relatively small parts, components, etc. where close visual attention is required.
- Work with simple blueprints or schematics.
- Perform data entry operations to inquire on inventories, to place orders, to track down shipments or other applications not involving large volumes of data entry.
- Physical Activities
- Manually lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, turning, etc. loads of up to about 50 pounds.
- Reading, proofing, assembling, inspecting, or other similar activities that might produce minor eyestrain.
- Reaching, grasping, stretching movements.
- Working Environment
- Work in areas that involve temperatures more than about 10 degrees outside a normal controlled climate.
- Work in dust, fumes, or odors not requiring protective equipment.
- Work in noise levels that are high enough not to permit normal, conversational speech.
Business Functions and Skills:
- Must keep and organize accurate records of installations, service and equipment.
- Call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Communicate problem resolution progress and status to appropriate parties.
- Analyze/evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce incident rate.
- Prepare standard statistical reports, such a service order and maintenance reports.
- Develop and document problem resolution process.
- Document user training materials and procedures.
- Assist in evaluating technology resource needs.
- Meet customer expectations (responsiveness, follow-up, courtesy, professionalism).
- Perform other duties as assigned and as relevant to the position.
Key skills and abilities include:
- Ability to work with other employees and management to meet the goals of the company and within the guidelines of the company Code of Conduct.
- Ability to effectively handle irate customers and customer issues.
- Ability to communicate successfully with technical customers and PWC field personnel.
- Ability to improve technical knowledge and management skills with PWC provided training.
- High school diploma plus 2-year technical school background in electronics or military equivalent.
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics and electronics theory, computers and computer networking.
- Having an IT computer technical background is a major plus.
- FCC GROL and CET certification is required with 6 months of employment.
- IT computer technical background is a major plus.
- A+ certification highly desired.
EEO/AAP Email resume to:
Business Sales Consultant - Commercial Market
compensation: DOE: Range $24K-$40K
Pacific Wireless Communications is looking for a Business Sales Consultant - Commercial Market. This position will initiate contact with prospective and existing clients, communicating the company's Two Way Radio and Wireless Solutions and will develop business opportunities of equipment sales and services to the company's high visibility customers.Ability to evaluate and incorporate new wireless technologies
Excellent report writing abilities
Superior sales skills in communicating the company's wireless solutions
Ability to work independent of supervision
Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point
Sell to customers the company's Wireless Systems Solutions.
Achieving the assigned sales goals;
Team with company employees to sell the company's Systems Solutions;
Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company's products;
Keeping abreast with what competitors are doing;
Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
Confer with potential customers regarding equipment and service needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
Four years of highly responsible and verifiable experience in a competitive sales environment. The successful candidate must be an aggressive, highly skilled sales professional with proven success in selling in a competitive marketplace.
Sales and Marketing -- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Technology -- Sales technical knowledge of consultant type selling.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be able to work in a team environment.
Required Knowledge for Sales Representatives:
Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra and their applications. Proficient in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets.
Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes product demonstrations and sales techniques.
Voice and Data Communications - Knowledge of wireless communications systems. Knowledge of IT network and computer systems.
English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment and meeting professional sales standards.
Skills and Abilities Required for Sales Positions:
Oral Expression and Comprehension
Experience and Education:
- Minimum education equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited four year university or college with major course work in business and/or communications, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of sales experience in working with technology systems.
EEO/AAP Email resume to:
TOWER TECHNICIAN / INSTALLER
Level: Experienced Tower Technician/Steel or Iron Worker Experience
Compensation: Competitive market based salary proportionate with experience and certifications.
Job Description Summary:
Pacific Wireless Communications is looking for experienced applicants to install 4G LTE equipment on cellular towers, rooftops and other elevated structures in Hawaii and surrounding areas. Perform other installation, inspection and maintenance activities as directed. Follow safety rules and utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times. Possess basic hand tools for type of work being performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Climbing towers in excess of 300 feet and ladders at various heights
- Construction, erection and maintenance of various tower types
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Ability to follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment
- Frequent overtime is required
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to climb and to work at heights
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Ability to work outside in all elements; including but not limited to snow, rain, wind and extreme temperatures.
- Ability to perform a variety of labor intensive tasks
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform the same task repeatedly
- Ability to bend, twist and contort body for extended periods of time to perform specific tasks
- Must be in good health in order to climb
- Clear driving record, background, and drug screen
- Possess a valid driver's license -- To be insurable to drive company vehicles
- Commercial Drivers will be required to sign previous employer affidavit to release any drug screen or safety violation information
- Possess or be able to obtain valid Climber Certification Card
- Currently have or willing to obtain an OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training Card, First Aid, and CPR
Skill Requirements Personal Characteristics:
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to arrive at work on time and be prepared for the day
- Reliable - Responsible
- Desires long-term employment
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School/GED
- Basic Computer Skills
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Plan
- Paid sick and vacation
- Medical and Dental Insurance
EEO/AAP Email resume to:
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, service & repair of wireless communications, CCTV, network and various electronic equipment.
- General 2 way radio technician
- Major tasks include troubleshooting customer communications equipment and systems (including LMR systems, Microwave Systems, Wireless Networks, Wireless Point to Point, Wireless Point to Multi-Point, Physical Security
- Key skills and abilities include basic knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment; problem solving skills to troubleshoot equipment critical to a large system where down time is very costly; ability to deal with customer technical and manufacturer field personnel
- Technical design and troubleshooting expertise in wireless telecommunications
- Excellent report writing abilities
- Ability to work independent of supervision
- Ability to transform conceptual technical ideas into words and diagrams
- Basic understanding of electronic theory and radio design
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Autonomous individual that is motivated, a team player and dedicated to training lower level engineers and or technicians
- In field support of service orders and or projects are also essential
- Ability to deploy and perform work in the field as a part of a team or as a technical team lead
Education and Skills
- Technical school training or similar background
- Electrical/IT theory knowledge required
- FCC license, CET, A+ or Network+ certification highly desired
Email resume to: